REDSTONE SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION CENTER (RSIC)
PLEASE HELP MANAGE COSTS OF ACCESS TO INDUSTRY STANDARDS
Standards are expensive to develop and therefore can be expensive to obtain. Standards Development Organizations (SDOs) outside of the government develop industry standards, which can be distributed by subscription services like that offered by IHS. IHS protects the SDOs by monitoring industry standard usage. Each time you click the link to view a standard, IT IS CONSIDERED A SEPARATE DOWNLOAD, even if you have previously viewed the same standard.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Use one of the publicly available sites to get government-sponsored standards
IF YOU USE INDUSTRY STANDARDS
The Army Materiel Command provides consolidated, enterprise access to industry standards and specifications (restricted to AMC military, civilian, and contractor employees; may also be used by CCDC personnel).
- Do not display standards indiscriminately in the Industry Standards online portal — do not click the link to view a standard unless you are certain it is the standard you need.
- Download an industry standard ONE TIME ONLY and save it to your desktop or a local drive to use as your reference copy; you may not distribute your copy to others.
- Do not store copies of industry standards on a shared or network drive; storage of these materials on a shared or network drive and reproduction by photocopy is a violation of the license agreement.
- All materials obtained from this service are the intellectual property of the issuing SDOs and are protected by copyright law and by license agreement.
- Visit the AMC Standards and Specifications Procurement Program - requires AKO access
Please contact HQ AMC G-6 - Standards Procurement Program Office if you have any questions or problems accessing the AMC Standards and Specifications portal.